Victoria Beech has 20 years experience of working with children and loves finding fun, creative ways of sharing God with children. She is the creator of the GodVenture products and ideas. She also runs GodVenture Family Activity Workshops for families to be inspired in their faith at home together.
She used to work as children’s work co-ordinator at Oxford Vineyard Church before becoming a Senior Commissioning Editor for Scripture Union. She co-authored the four book series of Held in Hope books (including Jesus Still Loves Joe) for sick and bereaved children while working part time as Business Development Manager and now works mostly as a full time Mum to her two girls.
Victoria writes regular faith at home articles for Youth and Children’s Work magazine, and other publications Victoria has written for include My God Book, The Family Activity Organiser 2009, Closer to God, Splash! and Xstream (part of the Light series), the All Age Service Annual volumes 1 and 3, and Bitesize Bible Songs 1 and 2 CDs.
She enjoys baking, gardening, painting and trying out news things. She had a Jewish Grandad and enjoys celebrating Jewish festivals in her home including a weekly Shabbat meal.
She is available to speak on a range of subjects including:
- Faith at home – why it’s important and how to get started
- Be prepared! How to get ready to help children grieve
- How even the very youngest child can connect with God
- Intergenerational church – what is it and how could we be it?
- Rest – what the Bible says and how to do it
- Shabbat and how it changed my life
- Passover – why it matters and how to celebrate it
- How to use Christian rituals to build faith at home
- Play and how it enhances faith
- Creative prayer
- Exploring the Bible together