She has 30 years experience of working with children and loves finding fun, creative ways to connect with God at home.
Previously, she worked as a children’s work co-ordinator and Senior Commissioning Editor for Scripture Union, and co-authored the four book series of Held in Hope books (including Jesus Still Loves Joe) for sick and bereaved children.
She now works mostly as a full time Mum to her two girls, working part time on GodVenture.
Victoria writes regular faith at home articles for Youth and Children’s Work magazine, and other publications Victoria has written for include My God Book, The Family Activity Organiser 2009, Closer to God, Splash! and Xstream (part of the Light series), the All Age Service Annual volumes 1 and 3, and Bitesize Bible Songs 1 and 2 CDs.
She enjoys baking, gardening, painting and trying out news things.
She had a Jewish Grandad and enjoys exploring Hebrew words in the Bible and celebrating Jewish festivals in her home, including a weekly Shabbat meal.
She is available to speak on a range of subjects including:
- Faith at home – why it’s important and how to get started
- Be prepared! How to get ready to help children grieve
- How even the very youngest child can connect with God
- Intergenerational church – what is it and how could we be it?
- Rest – what the Bible says and how to do it
- Shabbat and how it changed my life
- Passover – why it matters and how to celebrate it
- How to use Christian rituals to build faith at home
- Play and how it enhances faith
- Creative prayer
- Exploring the Bible together
- Using open-ended questions and craft
- Ways to celebrate Jesus at Christmas
- Creating home resource bags and boxes for families