GodVenture was created by Victoria Beech to give busy parents fun, easy ways to do faith at home together.
Victoria is passionate about families finding ways to do God-stuff at home in a way which works for their unique family, and not feeling guilty for it not looking perfect or like someone else.
Victoria has worked with children for over 30 years and loves finding fun, creative ways to connect with God at home. She enjoys sketching, cooking, sock knitting and exploring Hebrew words in the Bible. Her family celebrates Jewish Biblical festivals, including a weekly Shabbat meal.
She worked as a Senior Commissioning Editor for Scripture Union working on Splash! and Xstream (part of the Light series), during which time she wrote My God Book, contributed to The Family Activity Organiser 2009, Closer to God, All Age Service Annual volumes 1 and 3.
She lives in Derbyshire, home educating her daughters, knitting socks and painting every day she can.
You can find articles written by her in Premier Youth and Children's Work magazine and NextGen so if you'd like an article for something you're creating or a speaker for your event, do drop her a line.
She's available to speak or write on a range of subjects including:
- Faith at home - why it's important and how to get started
- Be prepared! How to get ready to help children grieve
- How even the very youngest child can connect with God
- Intergenerational church - what is it and how could we be it?
- Rest - what the Bible says and how to do it
- Shabbat and how it changed my life
- Passover - why it matters and how to celebrate it
- How to use Christian rituals to build faith at home
- Play and how it enhances faith
- Creative prayer
- Exploring the Bible together
- Using open-ended questions and craft
- Ways to celebrate Jesus at Christmas
- Creating home resource bags and boxes for families