One thing I enjoy doing are simple craft activities which link in with the Christmas story in some way, giving me an ‘in’ to chat about it both with my family, and with whoever comes into contact with the final product.
Making chocolate creams is ridiculously easy, and yummy so a perfect gift for a neighbour or friend.
I used this recipe, and one of my star cutters, although angels also give you good chat-fodder.
Here are some questions you could ask to get the chat going:
- What part did the star play in the Christmas story?
- I wonder what the story would have been like without the star.
- Do you remember the response of the wise men when they saw the star? (See here)
- How did the star lead them?
- What do you use to guide you?
- What ways might God lead people to Himself?