I found these little wooden crowns in The Range where they are £1 for 12.
I thought they would make nice Christmas cards, since Christmas is celebrating the birthday of the king of Kings!
Here are a few ideas:
- Cut out squares of paper in ever decreasing sizes. Glue them onto the card, largest first, smallest last and then add the crown in the middle.
- Glue the crown onto the card then draw a baby wearing it. I love the idea of a baby born to be king!
- Glue the crown onto a square bead or peg, then use it with paint to stamp crowns onto a card
I gave this to my eight year old to do as a challenge:
One crown, one card, make it into a Christmas card!
How will you make yours?
While you’re making these, or afterwards, you could use these questions to chat about Jesus the king:
- In what way was Jesus a king?
- Was he a king when he was born?
- Why wasn’t he born in a palace?
- When did he become a king?
- What sort of a king is he?
- What Bible stories or verses can you think of about this?
- How might we relate to Jesus as a king?
- What might you do if King Jesus was visiting your town / school / church / area?